Marketing Minute- Taylor on Content Marketing05 June 2017 by Brookside Studios
Posted in Marketing Minute Monday
Subscribe via RSS
What is content marketing?
- It’s so hot right now
- It’s a type of marketing that involves creating and promoting content that highlights your products and services.
- content can be videos, blogs, social media, infographics, podcasts, and more
Reasons why your content marketing sucks.
- You didn’t have a strategy or goal
- Think about how the buyer will travel through the content
- Adapt and evolve- see what’s working and what’s not.
- Find an agency to partner with
- You forgot to promote the content
- There’s tons of content out there, so competition is tough
- It’s just bad content
- Your goals aren’t realistic
- Maybe you were too controlling with your agency
- You went rogue and didn’t stick to the plan
How to fix it
- Hire a better agency
- Re-research your target consumer
- make sure you’re telling them what they need and want
- Define your strategy and goals
- Know your budget
- Stock your competition and see what they’re doing
- Repurpose old content
- Be engaged in your audience